Saturday, December 18, 2010

Beer #5 : Narragansett Porter

IMG_4984 I have finally gotten around to trying Narragansett Porter. This one is brewed locally through the Trinity Brew House in Providence, Rhode Island and Cotrell Brewery in Pawcutuck, Connecticut. I’m testing mine through 16 oz. “tallboys”.

I had seen these through few videos I’ve featured on this site. It’s a very dark beer with a rich flavor. This is as close to “root beer” as real beer gets in my opinion. It has a very strong malty taste at first but then seems to mellow the more you sample it. I need to hold it up to a light bulb to see through it. It has a very rich flavor that doesn’t over power you. It has a very thick head with faint hint of chocolate and malt. It’s worth checking out. Here’s a recent article from the Providence Journal.

Narragansett Brewing Co.

Beer Advocate Rating: B/3.7

My Beer Advocate Rating:B+/4

Technorati Tags: ,,,

No comments:

Post a Comment