Sunday, November 16, 2014

Harpoon Leviathan IPA

Usually when people think of craft beer in Boston they immediately think of Samuel Adam's which is brewed by Boston Beer Company. Little do people know that Harpoon Brewing is actually Massachusetts largest brewer and even has a second brewery in Vermont to keep up with demand.They are well known for the Harpoon IPA and UFO offerings.


Today's offering is Harpoon's Leviathan IPA which is an Imperial/Double IPA. I've seen this around in store quite a bit but for whatever reason never chose it. I finally did and I wasn't disappointed. Here is my review from RateBeer.com:

Hazy caramel body with a tinge of orange. Half inch foam off-white head that fades to thin film with a smattering of moderate bubbles. Aroma is a citrus with an apple-like crispness in the background. Some earthy pine can be detected. Initial blast of bitterness is noticeable but not overwhelming.Malt sweetness reminds me of apple with some sourness in the finish. Has a nice wet and sweet finish. Feels on the heavy side but still drinkable. It’s seems to say I’m friendly drink with a serious side. I look forward to more of these and I’ll recommend them too.

Fast Beer Facts:

First Brewed in 2008
Style: Imperial IPA
ABV - 10.0%
IBU (Bitterness) - 90
 
I gave it a 4.1 out 5.Worth a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment