Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Beer of the day: Yuengling IPL



I thought this was an interesting new offering by America's oldest brewery, Yuengling. I had so much confidence in this I tried it out as a six-pack. I usually don't like buy a six of something I haven't had before because if I don't like it I'm stuck with 5 more beers I don't like. I've had good luck with Yuengling before so I did take a chance. At first I thought I'd made a mistake as I wasn't that impressed by it. It had an onion like taste which reminded me of a  Ballast Point Grunion which I didn't like too much either. 

So one night I decided to just finish off the rest , 3 at this point. As each one passed, at different occasions, my opinion softened. I've either grown used to the taste or after a buzz of a couple of them it didn't matter anymore. It does have that typical bitterness of the style it does finish smooth. 

It's still not my favorite Yuengling but it's not bad. It's worth a try.

I give it a 3 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment