Sunday, May 4, 2014

No to Sam Adams?



Recently while at a tasting/and tour I over heard someone saying they no longer drink Sam Adams in snobbish elitist tone. I had in in fact come across a beer snob. It's pretty bad when you eliminate a craft pioneer brewery like Samuel Adams. What's the point of this? Why not be open and less close minded. Even I occasionally drink a Bud Light Lime or Miller High Life(snicker if you want).


I can understand supporting your local brewery/business as do too. The vast majority of brews I try and drink are from my home state of Massachusetts. Which is home to many fine beers like Boston Beer(Sam Adams), Harpoon and personal favorites Mayflower and now Cape Cod Beer.

I'm trying to understand the reasoning behind this kind of thinking. Is it thinking Samuel Adams has grown too big? Are they out of touch with craft brewing scene? I think not. I think it's like music fan's lamenting that their favorite band/artist has sold out. I can't imagine limiting my beer experience by be prejudicial against a brand for reason's other than actually tasting or experiencing their product. Does that mean everything Boston Beer Company(aka Samuel Adams) comes up with? No. Even I've had some dud's from Jim Koch's brewery. Every craft/microbrew is not gold as I've had many drain pours.

All I say is keep an open mind about different brews as you may miss out on something great by being not being open to trying something.


No comments:

Post a Comment